Friday, February 29, 2008

Movies Review

Starting tomorrow, 20 years of movie reviews will be searchable by movie title, director or actor.

The website AtTheMoviesTV.com will offer a library of some 5,000 reviews searchable by movie title, director or actor.


With the launch of this new online viewing tool, people can now search for and watch a review before heading down to their local movie theatre, or they can research a classic title before deciding to rent or purchase it on DVD.

So too can users watch a movie review from these celebrated critics before downloading the movie form your favorite P2P or file-sharing network.



"For years this was a dream," said Roger Ebert. "Now I am exhilarated that it is a reality, thanks to the enormous effort of digitizing something like 1,000 programs. It is always fascinating to go back and see what was being said about a film before it opened. The disagreements, between me and Siskel and Roeper, will be fun to revisit, and even more exciting will be our sense of discovery when we find something like 'Boyz N the Hood,' 'Fargo,' 'Hoop Dreams,' or 'Monster.' I may start searching around in this archive and never stop!"



To be honest, "Ebert & Roeper" are the only movie critics that I ever really trusted, that never have a hidden agenda or reason to placate movie studios and producers, and whose I tended to agree with more often than not. Thus, I found it interesting to find out that their entire catalog of reviews is about to became accessible with a few clicks of the mouse, and that it would be easier than ever to see what they had to say about a movie before I invest the time and effort to watch it.



I just wish the site had already been available before I dared to watch "Soul Plane" last night. Let's just say I did a lot of fast-forwarding and probably should've taken heed of my brother's amazement when I told him what I was watching. Dam you Snoop dog, aka "Capt. Mack."I want my 2 hours back!

No comments: